Updated 16th December 2021
We are extremely grateful to our audiences, artists, practitioners, staff and volunteers who have helped us to uphold rigorous safety measures here at WMC since the pandemic began. This week, the government has urged some caution following the emergence of a new variant of Covid-19 and mandated mask wearing in in certain settings. In line with this guidance, we politely ask that all members of the public, staff, artists and contractors wear a face covering in the building unless exempt.
It has been a real pleasure to have live music performances filling our auditorium once again and Wiltshire Music Centre has been a hive of activity for our local music-making communities. Now as we near the end of our Autumn Winter season, we’d like to continue to ensure the safety of all those in the building. The following safety measures remain in place until further notice and please contact our team if you require further details.
For Concerts from Friday 17th December 2021
- The concert will go ahead without an interval to minimise contact between audience members and front of house staff
- There will be no bar service before or after the performance
- We will use maximum ventilation at the event so all air vents will be open and our attenuators will be on throughout the concert; please bear in mind that the auditorium might be slightly cooler than usual so we recommend warm clothing
- On entry to the venue there will be a one-way system from the main entrance to your seat, tickets will be checked behind a screen on entry to the auditorium, and audience members will be asked to leave from the Stage Door side
- Should you wish to buy a concert programme, these will be available as you enter the auditorium so please bring the correct change or you can use a contactless card machine
- In line with the new government guidelines all customers are required to wear a face mask (unless they are exempt)
- We do not require a Covid Passport but would strongly advise all customers to take a test (PCR or LFT) before coming to the venue
Until Further Notice
- Covid Symptoms: if you are experiencing Covid symptoms please do not enter the Centre. Tickets can be exchanged up to 24 hours before performances (£3 administration fee applies)
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be available for use throughout the venue
- Enhanced cleaning will remain in place in public and staff spaces
- Ventilation: we will continue to ventilate as far as possible and monitor air quality
- Social distancing: please be respectful of other audience members, staff and volunteers
- Full capacity seating is available in the auditorium
- Face coverings: all visitors are recommended to wear a face covering when inside the Centre, unless eating or drinking
- Room capacity guidance will remain in place throughout the venue
- PPE will continue to be provided for staff and volunteers and there are clear screens at the Box Office and Bar
- LFD testing will continue to be made available to all staff and recommended twice a week
- Signing in: it is advised that all staff and visitors sign in to support NHS Track and Trace
We will not be enforcing these measures but are encouraging everyone to follow these steps when visiting us as far as possible. All measures will continue to be reviewed on a regular basis.
Thank you for your patience as we take these careful and considered steps towards more normal operations. We are enormously grateful for the support of our friends, angels, supporters and wider community throughout the pandemic and along our journey to recovery.
DONATE NOW ONLINE or send us a cheque to:
Wiltshire Music Centre, Ashley Road, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1DZ
Every pound we receive supports our Artistic and Creative Learning & Community Engagement programmes, playing a role in the well-being of more than 65,000 people every year, delivering over 270 sessions in the community and providing 56 full or part-time jobs in the local economy.
Contact our Box Office
CONTACT OUR BOX OFFICE: email@example.com
Please note that Wiltshire Music Centre is now operating a reduced staff team, working from home so please bear with us as we try to process enquiries as quickly as possible.